The South Stokes Church of Christ is striving to be the same church one can read about in the New Testament. We aim to restore its doctrine, its practice, its worship, its lifestyle, and its zeal.
Our mission is the same as that of Jesus Christ, when He stated that His purpose in coming to earth was to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10). In that mission we aim to speak where the Bible speaks and to remain silent where the Bible is silent.
What We believe
- We believe that the Bible is not just some book written by men, but that it is God's Holy and inspired Word (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that the Bible is complete, that there is no further revelation to come, and that the Holy Scriptures are able to make man complete, thoroughly furnished unto every good work (2 Timothy 3:17; Galatians 1:6-9; Jude 3; 2 Peter 1:3).
- We believe that it is vitally important that we know and understand God's will for man, which can only come through careful study of His Word (Matthew 7:21-23; Ephesians 3:3-5; 2 Timothy 2:15).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the One and Only Unique Son of God (John 3:16; Matthew 8:29; Matthew 14:33; 16:16).
- We believe that in order to be saved as a child of God, one must obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Romans 10:16-17).